Spring Cleanup - 2018 - No date has been established for this cleanup
- Each spring a group of volunteers give their time and effort to clean up the cemetery of the debris of winter. They rake up leaves, limbs and twigs, and remove decorations from the graves. During the spring, summer and fall a group of adult volunteers gather each month to maintain the Cemetery. They repair and re-set markers, and remove leaves and other debris.
- Volunteers are always welcome. If you want to become a participant in these events, please call the cemetery Superintendent Ron Mable at 717-285-2332.
Fall Cleanup - 2017 - December 9, 2017 This Cleanup was a success. Thank you to all who participated. Special thanks to the Park Rangers and the high school students who came to help. We had approx. 40 helpers this year. And thanks to the Columbia Borough employees for removing the collected leaves.
ONGOING MAINTENANCE: Grave markers that have fallen down continue to be reerected with volunteer labor.
In the past, special work sessions occurred monthly on the second Thursday from 8:00am to noon at the cemetery. For 2018, we will meet every second and fourth Thursdays at the cemetery. Everyone is welcome to participate. In these sessions memorial stones are reerected and or repaired.
Details are still being finalized, but following is a list of our anticipated events. More details will be shared as they become available. For up to the minute information call Kathleen Lutz at 717-684-7841.
- April 20,21,22, 2018 150th Year Anniversary Celebration of Mount Bethel Cemetery's incorporation.
- April 27, 2018 Art Show at the Cottage - Visions of Mt Bethel 5-8pm Free Exhibit of creations from 150th celebration
- April 29, 2018 Art Show at the Cottage - Visions of Mt Bethel 2-4pm Free
- May 19, 2018 Professional Car show. 11am to 3pm. The Last Ride, This year with added Craft Show called Macabre Creations.
- June 29, 2018 7-9pm Dying Art & Spirits 7-9pm. Instructor: Joanna Spicer, artist. At the cottage
- Sep 16, 2018 2-4pm Dying Art & Spirits 2-4pm. Instructor: Joanna Spicer, artist. At at the cottage
- Oct 26 and 27, 2018. Spirits Rising. A haunted lantern tour. Reservations required.
- Monthly Board of Director's Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at noon at the cottage except for the month of January when no regular board meeting is held.
- Feb 14, 2018 at Noon at the cottage - Board of Director's meeting
- Feb 14, 2018 at 9:00am at the cottage - Event Committee
Use of the Cottage - The cottage is available for use by organizations. Call Ron Mable to make arrangements at 717-285-2332. A donation for use of the cottage is suggested.