Spring Cleanup - 2019 - Date to be announced in the Spring
- Each spring a group of volunteers give their time and effort to clean up the cemetery of the debris of winter. They rake up leaves, limbs and twigs, and remove decorations from the graves. During the spring, summer and fall a group of adult volunteers gather each month to maintain the Cemetery. They repair and re-set markers, and remove leaves and other debris.
- Volunteers are always welcome. If you want to become a participant in these events, please call the cemetery Superintendent Ron Mable at 717-285-2332.
Fall Cleanup - 2018 - Keep watching here for the date to be announced.
ONGOING MAINTENANCE: Grave markers that have fallen down continue to be reerected with volunteer labor.
We meet every second and fourth Thursdays at the cemetery from 8:00am till noon. Everyone is welcome to participate. In these sessions memorial stones are reerected and or repaired. Work is completed for 2018. A startup date for Spring will be announced later.
Details are still being finalized, but following is a list of our anticipated events. More details will be shared as they become available. For up to the minute information call Kathleen Lutz at 717-684-7841.,
- Oct 26 and 27, 2018. Spirits Rising. A haunted lantern tour. Reservations required.
- Dec 15,2018 Wreaths Across America ceremony and placing of wreaths on graves of veterans.
- Monthly Board of Director's Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at noon at the cottage except for the month of January when no regular board meeting is held.
- Nov 14, 2018 at Noon at the cottage - Board of Director's meeting
- Oct 12, 2018 at 1;00pm at the cottage - Events Committee
Use of the Cottage - The cottage is available for use by organizations. Call Ron Mable to make arrangements at 717-285-2332. A donation for use of the cottage is suggested.