Spring Cleanup - 2018 - No date has been established for this cleanup
- Each spring a group of volunteers give their time and effort to clean up the cemetery of the debris of winter. They rake up leaves, limbs and twigs, and remove decorations from the graves. During the spring, summer and fall a group of adult volunteers gather each month to maintain the Cemetery. They repair and re-set markers, and remove leaves and other debris.
- Volunteers are always welcome. If you want to become a participant in these events, please call the cemetery Superintendent Ron Mable at 717-285-2332.
Fall Cleanup - 2017 - Date to be determined
ONGOING MAINTENANCE: Grave markers that have fallen down continue to be reerected with volunteer labor.
Special work sessions occur monthly on the second Thursday from 8:00am to noon at the cemetery. Everyone is welcome to participate. In these sessions memorial stones are reerected and or repaired.
Details are still being finalized, but following is a list of our anticipated events. More details will be shared as they become available. For up to the minute information call Kathleen Lutz at 717-684-7841.
- Oct 27 and 28, 2017 Spirits Rising at Mount Bethel Cemetery. A tour with costumed guides.
- Dec 16, 2017 Wreath placing ceremony. Cub Scouts will place wreaths on Veteran's graves
- April 20,21,22, 2018 150th Year Anniversary Celebration of Mount Bethel Cemetery's incorporation.
- April 27,29, 2018 Art Show at the Cottage
- May 19, 2018 Professional Car show. This year with added Craft Show.
- June 29, 2018 7-9pm Sip and Paint
- Sep 16, 2018 2-4pm Sip and Paint
- Monthly Board of Director's Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at noon at the cottage except for the month of January when no regular board meeting is held.
- Sep 19, 2017 at 6:30pm at the cottage - 150th Anniversary of the Cemetery meeting
- Oct 11, 2017 at Noon at the cottage - Board of Director's meeting
- Oct 11, 2017 at 9:00am at the cottage - Event Committee
Use of the Cottage - The cottage is available for use by organizations. Call Ron Mable to make arrangements at 717-285-2332. A donation for use of the cottage is suggested.